Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I live in Hope

I live in Hope.

It's a nice town...
Bit uninhabited at the moment.

I only recently moved there from 'Ignorance' in the suburb of "It'll never happen to me". I liked it there but I got evicted. Needless to say I wasn't expecting it.

Hope's not the easiest place to live. Especially when my phone is resolutely doing it's best not to ring. I think it's maliciously reject calls from potential employers to thwart me for slagging it off and saying I want my old Nokia back. The postman in Hope is not my friend either. Bad news always comes with a stamp on the outside and no on the inside I've recently come to learn.

Happily though, there is broadband available in Hope so I can do high-speed Internet searches for the jobs that I'm not going to get.

The sun also shines, particularly in the mornings, so it's a nice walk to the dole office. Or sometimes a cycle to break the monotony.

Now I'm thinking about it, I have the funniest feeling the nasty estate agent sold me a house right on the border. You see Hope borders Despair - and it all depends what side of bed you get out of in the morning as to which place you end up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment